• An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
Give your loved ones TLC with Safe Electricity’s Teach Learn Care online videos | Print |  Email

Give Your Loved Ones TLC With Safe Electricity’s Teach Learn Care Online Videos

Safe Electricity highlights online materials during May, National Electrical Safety Month

In the home, outdoors and at work, electric hazards can seriously injure or even kill those who do not understand electrical risks. Several people who know the dangers of electricity first hand have shared their stories with Safe Electricity to help educate the public.TLC

Safe Electricity encourages you to give loved ones TLC. Teach what you know about electric safety, learn what you need to and care enough to share it.

Caitlyn Mackenzie’s family is honoring the life of their late daughter by sharing her story. Caitlyn was electrocuted at a friend’s house during a normal day of play. She was 12-years-old. You can learn how to prevent an accident like hers by watching a video of her story at SafeElectricity.org.

An ordinary day can turn to a tragedy if you get in an electric accident. Shawn Miller knows this all too well. Each year, he hangs Christmas lights outside his mother’s home. One year his lights came in contact with a power line. Miller was hospitalized for months and lost a hand. He shared his story with Safe Electricity because he wants to help others avoid similar accidents.

Farmers, construction workers and contractors spend their work week at some of the most dangerous jobs in America. It is easy to forget dangers that you are around every day. This is what happened to Tom Dickey, who came in contact with high voltage underground electricity on the job as an underground contractor. He survived and did not loose any limbs, but still lives with the consequences of the serious accident.

Not all electric safety stories are tragedies. Ashley Taylor and Lee Whitaker were in a car accident with a power pole when they were in high school. Earlier that week, Lee and Ashley had seen a demonstration at school about the danger of electrocution when you are in an accident with a power pole. Lee and Ashley knew to stay in the car to stay safe, and they warned others to stay far away from the accident.

The same Live Line demonstration that Lee and Ashley saw is also available on the Safe Electricity website.

In addition to videos, the Safe Electricity website has articles, games for children, and lesson plans.

 


 

Search Content