Boards, Task Forces, and Committees
Become involved with EEC! click here to learn more.
- EEC Board of Directors—The EEC Board of Directors is composed of representatives from investor-owned utilities, electric cooperatives, municipal electric utilities, and University of Illinois Extension. EEC’s goal is to provide a forum for discussion on mutual issues and share information/resources to develop educational programs that promote energy efficiency and safe use of electricity.
- Safe Electricity Advisory Board—The award-winning Safe Electricity awareness program is fortunate to have a diverse team of electrical and communication experts, including a safety manager, former lineman now risk manager, electrical inspector, and engineering educator, among others. As the program continues its phenomenal growth and impacts millions of consumers throughout the country, the oversight and input of the Safe Electricity Advisory Board assures relevant issues and themes are part of program planning and production.
- Energy Efficiency Task Force—The Energy Efficiency Task Force identifies a wide variety of known energy efficiency resources. These resources include federal, state, and local government programs; university, community college, and other educational programs; non-profit; business and consumer organization programs; and more. These resources range from the purely informational to those that provide training and financial resources (i.e., grants, loans, etc. to facilitate efficiency upgrades).
- Renewable Energy Task Force—They work to identify emerging renewable energy research, important consumer education topics, and opportunities to provide outreach on renewable energy sources.
- Natural Gas Safety Task Force—The most recent addition is the Natural Gas Safety Task Force. This Task Force was created in response to member inquiries regarding gas safety resources, to examine resources and unmet needs.
- 4-H Committee—This group guides youth-focused energy education through 4-H projects, clubs, and workshops.