Boards, Task Forces, and Committees
Become involved with EEC! click here to learn more.
- EEC Board of Directors—The EEC Board of Directors is composed of representatives from investor-owned utilities, electric cooperatives, municipal electric utilities, and University of Illinois Extension. EEC’s goal is to provide a forum for discussion on mutual issues and share information/resources to develop educational programs that promote energy efficiency and safe use of electricity.
- Safe Electricity Advisory Board—The award-winning Safe Electricity awareness program is fortunate to have a diverse team of electrical and communication experts, including a safety manager, former lineman now risk manager, electrical inspector, and engineering educator, among others. As the program continues its phenomenal growth and impacts millions of consumers throughout the country, the oversight and input of the Safe Electricity Advisory Board assures relevant issues and themes are part of program planning and production.
- Member Assembly—These delegates are taking part in a great leadership opportunity, representing their respective states, serving a two-year term, and networking with industry professionals from accross the country.
- Energy Efficiency Task Force—The Energy Efficiency Task Force identifies a wide variety of known energy efficiency resources. These resources include federal, state, and local government programs; university, community college, and other educational programs; non-profit; business and consumer organization programs; and more. These resources range from the purely informational to those that provide training and financial resources (i.e., grants, loans, etc. to facilitate efficiency upgrades).
- Renewable Energy Task Force—They work to identify emerging renewable energy research, important consumer education topics, and opportunities to provide outreach on renewable energy sources.
- 4-H Committee—This group guides youth-focused energy education through 4-H projects, clubs, and workshops.